Thursday, December 19, 2013

Top Drawer prep




No sooner did Renegade finish than I was offered another opportunity, a spot at Top Drawer, a huge stationery and gifts trade fair in London. I'll be there as part of the Spotted showcase, where a group of newbies are chosen to exhibit for the first time in our own special section.

For about half an hour I went and hid under the duvet and pretended I didn't get the email, but it is such a great opportunity, and you don't just ignore an email from Charlotte Abrahams. After seeing her name in The Guardian over many years, it's a bit of an honour to think she has chosen me for Spotted.

The first thing I did was email my pal Virginia from Roddy & Ginger. She did it last year and had a great time, so I reckon even if nothing much comes out of it, I'll have fun, meet some new people in the same boat, and maybe make a couple of contacts.

So I've been planning and designing my stand, as well as printing one of each of my prints and cards (that's quite a lot) and working on some other bits and bobs to launch at the show.



I feel a bit too relaxed at the moment. Should I be freaking out? It's more like me to be freaking out but I feel pretty on top of everything. I've got an Evernote notebook as long as my arm which I am working through, and it's actually less work that a craft fair, not having to worry about too much or too little stock, no float etc. 
But it's keeping me busy right up to Christmas and beyond. No more Columbo for a while :-(

11 comments:

  1. well done and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic. I'm sure it will lead to even greater things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Francesca. You are amazing at handling all that you do! Best luck with it all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's brilliant Fran - amazing things will come of it I'm sure. Everyone who I've seen on t'internet who has done Top Drawer has gone on to a totally new level of exposure and general awesomeness.

    Good luck with the preparation, and if I don't see you before, have a fizzing, crackling, sparkly and restful Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all your lovely comments :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Screeeeeeeeammmmm. Well done, you are getting the recognition you deserve. Happy Holidays, sounds like you have it all under control...X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you louise! lovely to see you here :-)

      Delete
  7. hi fran, relaxed is good - you will enjoy it, but believe me your legs will be aching at the end of the three days. Let me know if you need any advice re. setting up etc, you are probably totally organised but I will send you my list of essential equipment to take along, look forward to seeing you there! v x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. in fact i was thinking of a portable stool! my back cannot take 3 days of standing up! is that allowed? i'll email you. x

      Delete
  8. Wauw! This is great! Good job. I hope you have a lot of fun, and that you make a loooot of sales :-) It sounds like a sweet fair!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!